• 3 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 (9-inch) prebaked deep-dish pie shell
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 1/2 cups sour cream
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until lightly browned.
Put the pie pan on a sheet pan. Line the bottom of pie crust with the onions.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and the flour together to combine. Add the milk, sour cream and salt. Mix well and pour over the onions. Garnish with the bacon and bake until firm in the center, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.